Project Name: Jack Resnick Infrastructure Upgrades
Address: 110 East 59th St NY
General Contractor: HVAC Construction Inc – Turnkey
Client: Jack Resnick & Sons
Contract Amount: $13,000,000
Project Status: Complete
Cooling Tower Upgrade
- Installed two (2) 300-ton temporary cooling tower on 18th floor building setback. Towers were installed to handle critical loads during the main tower replacement.
- Demolished three (3) existing 1,100-ton cooling towers located on the 16th floor setback.
- Installed of three (3) new 1,200-ton cooling towers at a higher elevation to allow for the construction of a new MER on the 16th floor setback to accommodate a new boiler plant and emergency backup generator.
- Replaced pump motors and installed new VFDs on seven (7) existing condenser and chilled water pumps.
- Installed a 1,700 GPM plate and frame heat exchanger to allow for economizer cooling.
- Decommissioned and removed the temporary cooling towers after successful completion andcommissioning of the new system.
Steam Boiler Plant
- Utilized an energy consultant’s report to determine the long-term energy savings of converting the building from city steam to gas fired steam boiler, via an upgraded gas service.
- Construction of a new boiler room on the 16th floor, in the location of the previous cooling towers.
- Rigged and set three (3) 7,000 MBH steam boilers.
- Installed new low-pressure steam piping to tie back to the existing building infrastructure.
- Installed a new condensate return system.
- Commissioning of the boiler controls and lead-lag operation.
- Installed a new gas riser from the street level to the boiler room.
- Replaced the existing base building perimeter shell & tube perimeter heat exchangers
- Rigged and set a 750kW emergency generator in the new MER located on the 16th floor.
- Installed a new 1200A emergency distribution switchboard and associated panels.
- Installed seven (7) emergency ATS throughout the building. Multiple shutdowns were required of critical building systems.
- Installed a new MI cable electrical riser throughout the building.
- Converted the existing base building Alberio BMS system to Alerton. Tied in all new and existing equipment with full graphics.