Project Name: 1212 Infrastructure Upgrades
Address: 1212 Avenue of Americas
General Contractor; Pavarini McGovern
Client: Stawski Partners
Contract Amount: $5,500,000
Project Status: In Progress
Scope of Work
Cooling Tower Upgrade
- Decommissioned and demolished in place two (2) existing cooling towers located on the 26th floor.
- Rigged and installed three (2) new 1,000 GPM cooling towers on modified dunnage steel.
- Installed new open loop condenser water pumps and associated controls.
- Demolished and removed of two (2) 330 ton steam absorption chillers.
- Rigged and set four banks of water-cooled module chillers to the 25th floor MER from 6th Ave. A street shutdown and MTA permits were required.
- Installed new chilled water pumps and associated controls.
Hot Water Boiler Plant
- The building was converted from city steam to a new hot water boiler system.
- Delivered and installed two 6,000 MBH BTU gas-fired hot water boilers.
- Installed all new hot water piping and risers through the building.
- Installed new hot water pumps and replacement the existing steam shell and tube heat exchangers with plate and frames to serve the secondary systems.
- Demo of existing steam pre-heat coils with new hot water coils in the existing AHUS.
- Converted the existing base building pneumatic control system to all DDC controls. Installed new BMS
- infrastructure and graphics for new and existing to remain equipment.